Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Getting ready for the time of my life!

In just a few short hours I will be boarding a flight to take me to the NASA Ames Research Center near San Jose, California. I will be a part of the NASA_#Tweetup for Feb 11, 2011. To say that I'm excited is an understatement. I have look forward for a day with NASA since I was a little boy watching the Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and Shuttle missions. My wife says that this is on my "bucket" list -- but I don't know. I think it was on many lists - even the one that we keep of "never to be done". But now it's closer than ever and I'm just a blessed man to be working toward a certification to be a Special Education Teacher; taking advantage of this learning and to be able to share these experiences that I will be a part of with my current students and many more in the years ahead.

More tweeting and blogging as the day approaches. Now to figure out just how difficult the journey to the airport will be after getting blanketed by 2.5 inches of snow and ice for the "upteenth" time this winter.

Stay tuned!
Don

No comments:

Post a Comment