Search This Blog

Sunday, December 9, 2012


Leibster Award

Thanks to Angie K over at "Making The Basics Fun" for the nomination for the 2013 Liebster Award.

The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It’s to show that new bloggers are appreciated and help spread the word about our little pieces of cyberspace.





Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 5 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.

11 Random things about Angie K from Making The Basics Fun


Here are MY Questions Angie had for me:

1. Who was your favorite teacher growing up?

Lola Belle Scott, my third grade teacher. She was the first teacher to actually encourage me to be me. She differentiated her teaching for all of her students in the early '60s without probably knowing what it was called.

2. If you could trade places with one person for a day who would it be?
I would trade places, for one day only, with someone in the International Space Station. I have always wanted to be an astronaut this would probably be the only way I'll ever get to be one now.

3. What is your favorite condiment?
Mayo - Hellman's first and only.

4. If you could yell anything from the mountain top what would it be?
"Go, tell it!"

5. Share one of your blogging goals for the new year.
a. More frequent.
b. Deeper content.
c. Be more reflective.

6. What is a favorite educational app, youtube video or web resource?
I follow several on Twitter (see my followers @MrDDon) and since I'm in Special Education I enjoy special-ism.com; TED.com; CoolCatTeacher.com are ones that I check in often. A new site I'm still perusing is www.educationnow.com. I have to thank my PLN on facebook and twitter #edchat #elemchat who really help with new ideas and support.

7. Salt or sugar? What do you crave? Sugar.

8. Favorite Holiday Tradition? Shrimp and Pizza on Christmas Eve as the children (now all adults) open their PJs for the new year.

9. Camp, Cruise or Roadtrip? What kind of vacation would you pick? Since I've been on #1 and #3 I would need to choose #2-Cruise so that I can see what it would be like.

10. What is your favorite classroom tool? A projector, PowerPoint and a wireless mouse. It's my interactive white board in the classroom.

11. Who would you like to say "Thank You" to? All of the educators and supports who have encouraged me to take this new journey as I completed one profession and have moved to a completely new path - from Software Development and Project Management to Special Education.



Now, my nonimees for the 2013 LEIBSTER AWARD:


Thanks again for the 2013 nomination!
  Mr. Don

No comments:

Post a Comment